- CTFL certification is recognized as a prerequisite to all other ISTQB® certifications where Foundation Level is required.
- Promote efficient and effective communication by using a common vocabulary for software testing
- Understand fundamental concepts of software testing
- Demonstrate understanding of how different development and testing practices, and different constraints on testing, may apply in optimizing testing to different contexts
- Contribute effectively in reviews
- Use established techniques for designing tests at all test levels
- Interpret and execute tests from given test specifications, and report on test results
- The Foundation Level certification is suitable for anyone who needs to demonstrate practical knowledge of the fundamental concepts of software testing including people in roles such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers, and software developers.
- It is also appropriate for individuals who need a basic understanding of software testing including project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors, and management consultants.
ISTQB® is the leading global certification scheme in the field of software testing.
As of Dec 2021, ISTQB® has administered over 1.1 million exams and issued more than 806k certifications in over 130 countries. With its extensive network of Accredited Training Providers, Member Boards, and Exam Providers, ISTQB® is one of the biggest and most established vendor-neutral professional certification schemes in the world.
ISTQB® terminology is industry recognized as the defacto language in the field of software testing and connects professionals worldwide.